Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Wagon

Friday was Biometrics day.  My company offered free screenings for diabetes, cholesterol, weight, height, and BMI.  Although I had all of this done a few months ago, I figured I'd take advantage of The Company paying to make sure I was still on the right track.  I also want to see if the change in what I eat has impacted my cholesterol in any way (less carbs, more protein...could be bad).

Obviously these things weren't my concern.  My concern was the weight.  I hadn't weighed in eighteen days, and I hadn't exactly been sticking close to the meal plan.  The wedding was during this time. There was food, drink, merriment...and while I tried to keep the non-food plan food and drink to a minimum, there was tea and Elijah's loaded mashed potatoes...not to mention Copper Ridge White Zin.  I tried to balance the eating with exercise as a way to minimize the damage.

So, with slight trepidation, I stepped on the scale.

And was pleasantly surprised.  I was hoping for at least no major gains.  Instead, I had lost another almost two pounds.  Now, two pounds in eighteen days isn't fantastic, I will give you that.  But, I also didn't gain anything in that time. I ended lower than I had started before.

And, even better, I was able to get back on track after being off my routine.  I might have hopped off the wagon, but I was able to hop back onto the next one.  I didn't let it run me over.

This next week, I will be searching for low-carb recipes to bring some life to the meal plan.  I want to stay on track and canned tuna and salmon are not really helping me do that.  I have become bored recently, so it is time to inject some life into the meal plan.  If I am bored, I am NOT going to stick to it.

Thankfully, there are tons of low-carb recipes available.  I also updated the ticker with my end of year goal. I think having the shorter goal will help make it feel more attainable.  I have eight weeks to lose 27.4 pounds.  It is entirely doable.  This week's focus will be exercise and experimentation.  I am looking for meals to keep me engaged with the plan, so that is the challenge for this week.

We'll see how it goes.



No comments:

Post a Comment