Monday, November 22, 2010

Halfway


Over the weekend, I gave in to my curiosity and stepped on my bathroom scale.  I have tried to wait two weeks between weigh-ins, simply due to the time factor.   I have been focusing on watching what I eat and trying to walk as much on breaks as possible.

It has apparently paid off.  I weighed at home this weekend and again this morning (for the "official" weigh in).  And in both cases, I am down 25 pounds!!

This did, of course, lead to a celebratory break in the meal plan.  I didn't go crazy.  I didn't eat an entire week's worth of carbs in one meal (which is possible, in case you were wondering).  I didn't overload on cheesecake, eggrolls, chicken and broccoli with white rice, or anything of the like.


Instead, I took the limited (?) time opportunity to partake in one of my favorite fast food items...the McRib.   I worked at the Big M in high school during McRib's last national run, and I am no stranger to this paragon of yumminess.  Touted as a boneless rib patty, anyone who eats it is not fooled.  It really is chopped, pressed, and formed pork.  And for anyone who loves it, we don't care.    After cooking on the grill, it is then soaked in sweet barbecue sauce, nestled on a bun with pickles and onions.  Having never been a fan of the sliced onions (oddly enough, I have always preferred the reconstituted onions reserved for their regular burgers), I order it with no onions, extra pickles.  

As a tip for the other McRib lovers, I would like to point out that its last nationwide run was 16 years ago (when I was cooking them) and it is only around for four weeks.  So, eat up!!

I, however, enjoyed my McRib and am back on track.  It was a nice treat, but its purpose was to serve as an incentive not a roadblock.   It was meant to break up the monotony that sometimes finds its way into the day in and day out eating on the meal plan.  

Today, I am back on the meal plan.  I am now looking to the next stop on the journey, 50 pounds gone.  Sadly, I will have to figure out a new treat for the 50 pound mark.

I wonder where I can get a really good slice of turtle cheesecake...

No comments:

Post a Comment