Thursday, December 30, 2010

Lucky

I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend.
Lucky to have been where I have been.
Lucky to be coming home again.
Lucky we're in love in every way. 
Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed.

 Ten years ago today, I married my perfect match.

I will be the very first to tell you that I am only mediocre at the romantics.  Flowers are nice every once in a while; however, love manifests for me in so many other forms:

Standing at the altar, promising to love and to cherish.

Honoring that promise during that first rocky year.

Promising we were in it together when our infertility was finally diagnosed as "my" problem.

Rejoicing with me four years later when we learned we were pregnant.

Holding me up when my heart was collapsing due to the loss of our first son.

Loving me through my fear when we learned our second child was on the way.

Making me proud when he took his oath of citizenship.

Crying with joy when we heard and saw Z's heartbeat for the first time.

Attending EVERY doctor's appointment with me.

Worrying about me to himself but only showing me strength.

Crying right along with me as our son cried his way into the world.

Rejoicing with me in our ups.

Standing firmly with me in our downs.

In the end, there is one resounding force behind it all: love.

Cliche as it might sound, I have been blessed to find the love of a lifetime.  I know how lucky I am to have been gifted with this time with my husband, and I take not even one second for granted.

The last ten years have been the best of my life.  My husband and I have grown over the years.  We have grown wiser.  Grown separately as people.  Grown as parents.  And most importantly, we have grown together.

So today, I rejoice in the day we went from him and me to us.  I am looking forward to every other second we are granted together.

I cannot wait to see what each one brings us.

No comments:

Post a Comment